News Years Resolutions 2008

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

This is the first post of the new year and this time of the year everyone make their resolutions for the new year. I'm no different this is a good way and time to set some goals for myself for this year. I found two articles online on new year's resolutions, the articles are focused on goal setting rather resolutions. Check the articles: Ten Freelancing Resolutions for the New Year and Don't Make Resolutions - Set Goals in 2008

Goals for 2008:
This year my focus is 3 fold (finance/health and art & design)

1. Take better care of myself:
- Exercise more often, find some form of exercise that I enjoy and do it.
- Eat more healthier.
- More sleep.
- Strengthen relationships with the people I care about. Establish new relationships and reconnect with old friends.

2. Get my finances in order:
- Save at least 10% of each pay into my online saving and rsp account.
- Focus paying down my consolidation loan by December 31, 2008.
- Keep track of my spending habits in a journal. Review my progress on a monthly basis.
- Be less dependent on credit cards and use cash more often.
- Most importantly, don't spend money on things you don't need and be happy with you have.

3. Dedicate more time and energy on my art and design projects:
- Work on my own projects to build up my portfolio.
- Design a portfolio website or blog to display your work.
- Don't be afraid to freelance to build up clients.
- Stop waiting for inspiration. Jack London once said "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Don't ask me what it means I just like how its sounds.

Posted by Tosin Matti at 2:47 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment